Making housing available for those with special needs is a hallmark of an inclusive community.
Below is a list of Dave Harrison’s project work in support of seniors, mental health consumers, women and children facing family violence, brain injury survivors, veterans and young mothers.
- Canadian Institute of Planners Award of Merit for Social Planning (with TEAL Architects + Planners), South Shore housing needs assessment, 2017
- Participant in CMHC roundtables to develop National Housing Strategy, 2016
- Advisor to Province of Nova Scotia for SHIFT – Plan for An Aging Population, 2016
- Atlantic Planners Institute Award for Comprehensive Policies and Plans (with TEAL Architects + Planners), South Shore housing needs assessment, 2016
- CIP Award for Housing Excellence, mental health housing, 2008