In 2008, CMHC advised that Canadian communities are generally not prepared for an aging population.
Is your community ready?
Cost-effective planning process
Join the growing number of municipalities who are opting for a cost-effective planning process to become certified as an “Age-Friendly Community”. With our “eight to eighty” planning approach, we will help better position your community for solutions to housing, transportation, health, silver economy and social isolation needs.
- Age-Friendly Community Planning, Solutions for an Aging Society, Licensed Professional Planners Institute of Nova Scotia, 2017
- Age-Friendly Community Planning, Creating Community-Based Solutions, Northwood, 2017
- Age-Friendly Community Planning, Silver Economy Summit, 2016
- Creating an Age-Friendly Community, Musquodoboit Harbour Chamber of Commerce, 2016
- Creating an Age-Friendly Community, Public Health Agency of Canada Webinar, 2016
- Creating an Age-Friendly Community, Beyond Zoning, NS Planning Directors Conference, 2016
- Healthy Communities Panel, Canadian Institute of Planners National Conference, 2014
- Cost Effective Strategies to Support Aging in Place, NS Seniors Commission AGM, 2014
- Is Halifax Regional Municipality a Healthy Community? Capital Health Public Health Conference, 2013
- Effective Planning and Design for Healthier Communities, Canadian Institute for Health Research Conference, 2013
- Effective Planning and Design for Healthy Communities, Place and Health: Shaping the Built Environment of New Brunswick and PEI, 2012
- Outlining CIP’s Healthy Communities Program, CIP National Conference, 2011
- Healthy Canada By Design, CHET-net Works Fireside Chat Webinar, 2010
- Affordable Housing and Mental Health, Manitoba Professional Planners Conference, 2009