√ Chair of the Canadian Institute of Planners national Healthy Communities initiative and frequent speaker on built environment issues and health impacts
√ Coordinator of Canadian Diabetes Atlantic Bridging The Gaps initiative (2011)
√ Incorporated healthy community and age friendly community planning principles as the foundation of a new business district improvement plan, Town of Shelburne (2011)
√ Proven experience in the development of mental health and special needs housing, including business planning and development services provided to the Metro Community Housing Association, Moving In New Directions Society, Supportive Housing for Young Mothers and the award winning Affirmative House, in cooperation with Affirmative Industries.
√ Proven experience in site selection for health facilities including the Colchester Regional Hospital in Truro, Northwood’s new Continuing Care Centre, and Nova Scotia Community College, which is linked to the power plant and infrastructure for the Dartmouth General Hospital and Nova Scotia Hospital, Dartmouth.
√ Proven experience in the development of seniors care and housing projects including the redevelopment of church properties to support Aging in Place:
- Northwood’s Christina and Hedley Ivany Place (continuing care facility in Bedford West)
- Anglican Diocesan Centre / Shannex Assisted Living Project (Halifax)
- Spirit Place Enriched Independent Living Project, St. John’s United Church and St. Vincent’s Nursing Home (Halifax)
- Duncan MacMillan Nursing Home (Sheet Harbour)
- The Buckingham, Assisted Living Project (Hammond Plains)